INDIVIDUAL DOSIMETRIC CONTROL
The Institute of Atomic Energy offers services in conducting individual dosimetric control (IDC) to all organizations working with ionizing radiation sources.
Individual dosimetric control is an integral part of radiation control and is carried out for personnel directly working in the field of ionizing radiation. The main purpose of the IDC is to obtain information about the radiation doses of employees for a certain period.
Methods used in individual dosimetry
None of the detectors for individual dosimetric control has an ideal set of required properties. Advantages in all parameters of the TLD method (thermoluminescent dosimetry). As the main task of individual dosimetric control is to determine the dose of external radiation in order to prevent overexposure above the established norms, therefore, special attention should be paid to the evaluation of the data obtained.
This method is based on the ability of solid crystals (phosphors) to accumulate and retain the absorbed energy of an ionizing radiation source for a long time. Readings are taken once a quarter.
The Radiation Safety Service has at disposal modern equipment to conduct radiation measurements of external irradiation of personnel depending on the nature of the work and the radiation sources that include:
– measurement of the dose rate of ionizing radiation in the personnel’s workplace;
– measuring of the ionizing radiation rate in the premises and in the surrounding area;
– measurement of radioactive contamination levels of work surfaces and equipment;
– measuring the levels of contamination of clothing and skin of workers.
The activities of the Institute of Atomic Energy on conducting IDC in third-party organizations are licensed by the Committee for Atomic and Energy Supervision and Control of the Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan (License No. 20004749 dated March 12, 2020 of the CAESC of the Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan “Provision of services in the field of atomic energy use”).
Licensed sub-type(s) of activity:
– Determination of the content of radionuclides in products, materials, environmental objects, measurement of the concentration of radon and other radioactive gases;
– Measurement of the concentration of radon and other radioactive gases;
– Determination of the content of radionuclides in products, materials, environmental objects;
– Individual dosimetric control of personnel;
– Radiation monitoring of territories, premises, workplaces, goods, materials, scrap metal, vehicles.
10, Beybit Atom street, 071100, Kurchatov, East Kazakhstan region, Republic of Kazakhstan, Tel.: (722-51) 3-35-49, Fax: (722-51) 3-31-25, е-mail: email@example.com;
Head of Radiation Safety Service – Seil Serkhilovich Karatayev, Inner tel. 42-83, Mob.tel: +77055092003, е-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.